After the best band practice that Macadam has had in years I notice a voicemail from my mom last night.
Her Blackberry gets horrible service and always cuts out. The message said something like, "I wanted to tell you some bad news..." Phone cuts out. ..."Died in a motorcycle crash on I-5." Just like the cell phone commercials. The most important part of the message is lost. My head was racing? Who do I know that rides in motorcycles? Travis said there was horrible traffic on I-5 around 4, when he was driving to practice.
I called my mom and found out that it is a woman who works at her homebuilding company. The woman who died was so special. I worked closely with her for two summers as an intern in high school. I still saw her a couple times a year out and about and at functions with my mom.
She was the kind of person that lights up a room. She could organize and manage everything. She will be truly missed. I am praying for her family and all her co-workers in this time. The saddest part, for me, is that I just emailed her around 5 p.m. on Friday to get back in touch.
She never returned my email. She would have gotten it this morning at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment