So, it's been more than five months since I've gone out of town -- anywhere. Each time I drive in my garage my car points right at two empty suitcases. It's like they taunt me.
I want to feel sun on my skin, start a new book and just not have to think about anything. But, I can't really take time off -- and need to save as much money as possible. Sounds exciting huh? Well, it usually is, I just miss exploring somewhere new. Arizona in November was awesome -- great food, spa treatment and family time.
But, I'm ready to plan the next trip. If money was no object and I actually had a three month summer vacation again (sigh) I'd explore Austrailia, the Caribbean and Europe. All three look so magical and different from here.
Last weekend, the weather was in the 70s for the first time in 2008 and I took a long jog and sat in the sun -- magazine in hand -- and got burnt just before a dinner date with my friend Michelle. Burnt shoulders are not a good look but I didn't care. I was proud that my skin actually did something besides mock Nicole Kidman's paleness. It could win an emmy for best derma dramatic performance. That day was so fun. Nice weather brings out the best in me.
Right now I'm unwinding from a gym date with Tracy and watching "The Girls Next Door." The Playboy girls crack me up. Although I don't really understand the need to always be naked for millions of readers/viewers to see, I do enjoy their ambition, lust for life and fabulous outfits. I've really been noticing patterns and fabrics lately. Very strange. I was at a place called Mother's last night in Portland with my friend Ian and the wallpaper was incredible. It reminds me of Dots restaurante in SE -- gothic, sexy and pretty. I want to design a photo shoot around the rich decadence created around classic Hollywood. And wear something fabulous with my new rich brown hair. And pale skin. For now, that sounds like a fabulous vacation from my routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment