I remember being 13, sitting in my room and listening to CDs at all hours of the night -- kind of like tonight.
I learned every word, sang every note, learned it on guitar and then would start this whole process over again. Although, it wasn't really a process. It was my favorite part of my life -- music. Learning it. Playing it. Performing it. Writing it. Talking about it. Why do I get in ruts now? Why don't I do my vocal warm-ups every day like Laura told me to? Because I need to be energized again. I want to sink my teach into our new rock stuff. I also want it to be very Nicole. Very do-able.
Tonight Ali, my friend Taylor and I had one of those moments that don't come often enough -- talking about an upcoming concert we're attending and we're pumped about.
I know I'm not alone in this band obsession thing. I'm reading this book by Miss Pamela (ha ha), "I'm With the Band." So yes, even back in the '60s chicks went wild over hot musicians. Drugs probably also played a factor. ha ha.
Who was the first band you fell in love with?
The band that you felt like you knew?
The band that you memorized all the words?
And purchased every magazine?
The band that made you feel like someone else goes through everything you're going through?
The band that made you cry but was the only cure for your tears?
I remember. It's sort of funny. The world would suck without music. My world would die. "You can't say, we didn't give it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When you say Laura do you mean Laura Myers? She's my voice coach, too. And those practices are sooo redundant...
Post a Comment