

Cue the big hair, high pants and red lipstick.
Go back in time to when it didn’t matter if you were pale and lived in southern California. A time when the best bands of the 90s were yet to come. And when it was customary to learn dating, sex and fashion lessons from Kelly, Brenda and Donna.
I have a new obsession – Beverly Hills 90210.
Being only 7 when the TV show began had me out of the glossy goodness for years, until now. It’s only been a week but I’ve already viewed all of season one and part of season two. Thank God for DVD box sets!
I feel like I’ve become friends with the characters – my favorite being Brandon Walsh. I don’t know why I wasted so many teenage love notes on Jonathan Taylor Thomas when Jason Priestley was in his prime.
Once you get past the eyes – the blue blue blue blue eyes! – it isn’t difficult to recognize his acting talent. He’s incredible. I see a lot of myself in his character, however that can be taken. He’s always concerned with everyone’s feelings on the show and only a dozen episodes in I’ve seen him swoon a handful of teenage girls. Love it.
I know that most of the world has seen the whole series so don’t give anything away (I know, I know Donna and David get married. I peeked on Youtube). For now, I’m content watching the high school juniors spend awkward moments in Palm Springs.
Surrounded by so many friends who are now married, the show reminds me that it’s OK to still be a kid at heart. I can grow up in good time.
As I finish listening to this insane guitar riff on “No One Like You” by The Scorpions I feel out of my element in 2008 – texting my friend Michelle and clicking on my laptop. Kelly, Brenda and Donna would have died.

2 comments:
Hey!
I'm Jonny.
I really enjoy your blog,
it's very interesting.
I'm a fan!
Well feel free to read/comment my posts.
I'd greatly appreciate it.
:]
I don't know if you're aware, but they're making a hip, modern, 2008 version of 90210 for the present day. NOT COOL. There is only one Beverly Hills 90210 and it sure as heck didn't take place in 2008 ... ah, memories...
Post a Comment